Saturday, March 12, 2016

New Semester!

It’s the start of a new semester here at Kennedy and there’s a lot of change going on. All new classes (for some), new people in your classes, and new schedules. Many people love the fresh start and the different things that happen. But there are many people who do not like the change for various reasons. Whether it’s because none of their friends are in their classes or their classes are all over the school. I’m here to say that the new semester will not be as bad as you may think.
I know it’s awful that none of your friends are in your class and you think you’re going to have a horrible semester but it’s not that bad. Now you are able to talk to all new people and potentially make some more friends. I know that sounds really cliché and adults are telling you that all the time but I’m serious. You could meet some really great friends. That’s how I met a lot of my friends I have today. I would not have one of my closest friends right now if I hadn’t met her in our gym class two years ago. It doesn’t take much to start a new friendship, she just came up and asked if she could eat lunch with me after gym. The rest is history.
Lots of people are really mad that their classes are all over the school. One class is all the way upstairs then your next class is all the way downstairs and across the school then you have to go back upstairs for your next class. Trust me, I’ve been there. This year I was lucky enough to have classes that were all relatively close together but I know there are some unlucky ones. There aren’t many solutions to this because it’s not like you can just move your class. You just have to suck it up and make the trek. There are ways to shorten the walk though. Try to go down back stairs, or outside. They may seem like work but trust me, it’s super helpful and a lot faster.

So believe me on this, the semester is not going to be torture just because your friends aren’t with you or your classes are miles apart. There are ways to fix it and make the rest of your year amazing. You just have to try and be more open. Have a great semester guys! J

No comments:

Post a Comment