Monday, March 7, 2016

WPA

WPA is a big dance at my school in the middle of March. It stands for Women Pay All and the girls do just that. We pay for everything, the dinner, the tickets, everything. It was mainly created so we could have a winter dance and it’s a nice change from regular dances. It’s like our generations version of a Sadie Hawkins dance. We get to ask the boy we like and the boys don’t have to worry about paying. Traditionally boys have to pay for all the dates and dances so this is refreshing that we get to do stuff for the boys.
I have gone to WPA for the past two years and it’s really fun. Some people don’t realize that you don’t even have to go with a date. My first year I went with a guy friend and last year my friends and I all went just as a big group. We had a ton of fun getting dressed up and just dancing the night away. Unlike homecoming, WPA isn’t all about having a date, it’s a lot more casual and you can just have fun with your friends.
If you do want to ask a boy to the dance there are so many cute and creative ways to do it. My friend is going to have a bunch of pictures of her and her boyfriend in the shape of a heart and a paper in the middle that says “I could picture us at WPA”. My other friend asked her boyfriend with a star wars theme. She had a sign that said “Why join the dark side when you can join my side, WPA?” and she spelled out WPA in candles. You can be as creative as you want and make it very sentimental.
Some of you are probably thinking about asking a boy that you have a crush on but don’t want to go full out. That works too. Just go up and ask him, write him a note or just a simple text works. Don’t be afraid to just ask him. What’s the worst that could happen? I asked my best friend freshman year just as friends and we ended up having a lot of fun and dating for a few months after. You never know what could happen. Just be brave and go for it.

Whatever you choose to do, just have fun and make the best of the night. J

No comments:

Post a Comment