Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Summer Vacation!

It’s winter here in Iowa right now and I’m really missing the warm weather. Don’t get me wrong, winter is really fun. You can go sledding, build snowmen, and snuggle by a fire with hot chocolate. Summer has always been my favorite season though. I don’t like being cooped up in the house all the time because of snow, ice, and freezing temperatures. I like going outside in the warm air and having fun.
Summer vacation is the time for no worries, freedom, warm air, tan skin, and fun. You aren’t in school for a whole three months and you don’t have to worry about anything. Since I’m 17 I can drive around with my friends with all the windows down just jamming out. We can go to the pool and just relax, or play soccer at the park. We can go get ice cream or have a picnic outside. You also have time to go on road trips or travel to another country. This summer I’ll be traveling to England in June and going on a mission trip in July. In summer there is so much time to do anything you want. There is not much you can do during winter other than play with snow. That can be fun for a while but it just gets too cold and miserable. Travelling is a no go because of the awful weather and dangerous road conditions.
Many people like winter because you can stay inside and just relax by a fire. That is very nice but after a while I get really tired of being cooped up in my house constantly. I want to go outside but every time I do I get a slap in the face from the cold. I love being able to go outside and feel the warm sun on my face. It does get pretty hot here in Iowa but all you have to do is go to pool or grab a sprinkler to cool down.
No matter what, my favorite season will always be summer. Snow, Christmas and sledding are great but could never compare to the freedom of summer. You can go on road trips, travel to different countries or just relax at your local pool. There are always fun ways to stay cool, staying warm is a lot less fun. During the winter you are stuck in school worrying about grades and homework. There are absolutely no worries over the summer. That’s why summer vacation will always be my favorite time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment